I support faculty in the effective use of current and emerging technologies to cultivate excellence in teaching and improve student outcomes.
I have experience training instructors on teaching and grading on two different learning management platforms, have helped develop and revise courses spanning multiple disciplines, and have served more than ten different institutions in higher education.
- Course Development – Using multiple software programs for developing and editing, I’ve assisted faculty in the development of all areas of their course and content; instructions, overviews, assignments, lecture presentations, etc.
- Quality Reviews – I’ve analyzed courses and advised on content changes to ensure compliance with school administration and accreditation standards. I’ve reviewed for textbook updates, weighted grade breakdowns, meeting learning objectives, and to recommend restructuring, scaffolding and ‘chunking’ content to improve student performance and retention.
- Faculty Training – I’ve trained and supported faculty on integrating technology with teaching in an online classroom; provided feedback and suggestions to improve graded components, adding interactivity, building community among students, and created various tutorials. I’ve designed and managed a faculty survey program.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS): customized Moodle, Canvas, and BlackBoard
- Multimedia – Articulate Storyline, Camtasia Studio, Audacity (audio), Techsmith Jing etc.
- Web-conferencing – Digital Samba/OnSync. WebEx
- MS Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Miscellaneous/Other – WordPress, Photoshop, QuestionPro (online surveys), and some HTML
2016 – Master of Science, Education (Option in Online Teaching and Learning). California State University, East Bay.
1996 – B.A., Sociology. University of California, Santa Cruz.
(College Honors, Honors in the Major, Phi Beta Kappa)